Thursday, May 12, 2011

Time Out

Sometimes we just have to send ourselves on a time out.  Maybe it’s just taking time to take your morning coffee out on the patio and enjoy the sounds of the birds and enjoy the flowers you took such pains to plants.  I think I had come to think of just sitting and enjoying the moments as wasted time.   It is not wasted at all, it is the refuel time it’s the time to try to quiet your mind from all the busy thoughts, time to put aside your pen and paper and stop making to do lists.  

Time to stand back and take a good look at what is really important in life and I did just that this week end by going high on a hill , looking down on the valley enjoying  the beauty God has created.  I was missing  seeing this because my to do list was  so full. Not one time had I written STOP, stop and take a look around.  Stop worrying, worry never did solve a problem.  I have the gift of being able to say,”here God, you take this one,”  I just want to sit back and enjoy the beauty you created.

2011_0511valleythe0002

2011_0511valleythe0001 

The power of it all can really take my breath away.  What can be so important that stops us from just sitting down and trying to take it all in.

2 comments: