Tuesday, May 7, 2019

FABRIC!!

What do I choose?

Choosing fabric for a project was never an issue for me.
I was and basically still am a garment sewer. 
I know what fabric will work for what garment.
I know my basic children's fabric, for play and everyday wear. 
I know the specialty fabrics.
I also know where to order the best and just where it is located in the fabric stores.

Now!
That has all changed!
I started quilting. 
Oh you say, that's easy just pick
quilting cotton.  Not so fast.
Even if I stick with 'quilting cotton' we have color
to deal with.  we have prints, big prints, little prints.
What will a print look like when it is cut into
a two inch square?  what is the quilt to be used for?

Right now, I am pretty much sticking to kits.
I know, cowered, that I am.
I also am staying pretty close to

Jenny, even has a you tube Chanel. 

I commented myself!  
Not like it sounds--I commented myself
to making two quilts and a table runner
as gifts for this Christmas. 

You quilt people, see no problem with that!
for me, it is huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment