Monday, September 23, 2013

A First For me!!

After following so many wonderful, creative blogs.  I am so inspired by these super creative ladies to try my hand at decorating for fall.  
This is a first for me, decorating just isn't in my gene pool--usually I do try Christmas and those decorations stay up until Easter.
          First the front porch. Must have 
           Something to meet guests.
                           I love the tea pot planter,
         a Birthday gift.  When I spotted the red and yellow mum I just knew it would work in the pot.

   Next I tried the dining room table.
                          I think Mr. Rooster and Mr. turkey  look pretty happy together.
                                                   
                                              Then the hutch!
 There is my first attempt at fall decorating.This should last until it is time for Christmas 'stuff'.  I am sure there will be some tweaking, no one told me it was this much fun.

                            








5 comments:

  1. You did very well for your first attempt on fall decorating. I gave up decorating for any occasion a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment. I really am having fun with this decorating.
      nonie

      Delete
  2. WOW! It looks like you've been doing it for years!! Great job! I decorate for Christmas and Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela, Surprised me at how much fun it was.

      Delete
  3. Gosh! It is still September, and the Thanksgiving stuff is out! That is good -- I have noted for many years that Thanksgiving is so overlooked. I have been thinking about doing something in the sewing room where I spend so much time, even when not sewing...perhaps I will post on my blog if I like what I do there. I did buy three glass "autumn" ornaments at Hobby Lobby last week and am thinking of showcasing them. I love your decorations!

    ReplyDelete