Friday, December 27, 2013

Soon a New Year

How many Christmas's and New Years do you think this little cabin has seen come and go?
It is not to far from where I live, so of coarse I wonder if I can find out more about it, but for now, I love to make up a story of a family from long ago. Wondering how they survived the harsh winters we have sometimes. Did they have a wonderful Christmas?  Probably with gifts they made each other, and a wonderful meal from the goods raised by their own hands.
As yet another year passes, I often wonder about past years,do You?

 

4 comments:

  1. Indeed, I do wonder about the past...especially when I see such a sweet little simple cabin such as this. You KNOW they didn't have it easy...and it would kill you and I but they were probably used to it...and NOT used to all the modern things we have access to.
    O, my...I am glad I was born when I was...I am such a titty baby, I doubt I could have survived. :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wonder about abandoned places wishing I could look inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nonie, what a wonderful little home that must have been, and strong, as strong as it's builders must have been to have survived all that nature dealt it. What did she see as she glanced up from hanging her wash on the line on a sparkly cold cold morn?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nonie, what a wonderful little home that must have been, and strong, as strong as it's builders must have been to have survived all that nature dealt it. What did she see as she glanced up from hanging her wash on the line on a sparkly cold cold morn?

    ReplyDelete