Thursday, November 19, 2015

So it began

I have done a lot of soul searching lately, as life took a sudden turn in August.  
August 12th, hubby was not feeling very well and hadn't been feeling well for a few days. That morning, he decided to go to the walk in clinic, thinking it was indigestion that had been bothering him.
This was the first time I know of that he had ever left his cell phone at home.  I had not gone with him as you can wait forever in those waiting rooms and I didn't feel the need to do so.
The day started to roll by and I had not heard a word from anyone,  I was not really worried but was getting concerned thinking he may have been in a fender bender.
About 2pm, the phone did ring and it was hubby, calling from the hospital of all places. They were prepping him for heart surgery. 
After that phone call a lot of life is a blur. I remember calling Rod, our oldest son but got an answering machine. I am not sure I left a message as soon as the phone was answered I could not get any words out. I tried to call our next son and I think I got something out because Tony was suddenly home and took over.

We have gone through so much, but the surgery was successful.  Praise God.  The months have passed and I had put so much on hold. Sewing, reading, life's little annoyances all were put on hold.

So now the time has come and it is time to decide to blog or not blog.  I have decided to keep at it.   Yes, I am pretty rusty, hope to get better as the time rolls on.

Hope you will join me, this is a new journey.    
  

4 comments:

  1. Prayers for you both as you take on this journey. If blogging works for you, continue. If it doesn't, don't. We will understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bunny, I am looking forward to getting back in touch with my favorite bloggers.
      Nonie

      Delete
  2. The big blessing here is the success of the surgery. Yay...all the other little things you are behind in take a place way down on the list, I would think.
    Thanksgiving and Christmas will be celebrated for many reasons at your house.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to the holiday season this year, it is going to be great.
      Nonie

      Delete