Thursday, November 9, 2017

CHRISTMAS SEWING

                  Lost in the sewing room

I really wanted to keep this little blog up, but time has not been my friend.  Maybe I just have not used my time wisely  but who knows. After missing Christmas last year, I made a vow that this year would be different, and I would make almost all my Christmas presents.  I say almost because I do have some pictures I need to frame so no sewing will be involved there.
Then I was stumped , when it came to what do you sew for a boy who just turned 18???  By the time I thought of what to do I had little time to carry out the project.  I had decided on making him a new quilt.!!
 This is the colors and design I chose.  I guess I did not take a full picture of the top before it went off to the longarm lady. Finding her is another story.  I always used a gal, named Nancy, so when I gave Nancy a call to see if she could do the quilting, she very politely, informed me she was only doing quilting for steady customers.  Luckily I was able to find a lady that will be able to get the quilt done before Christmas.  I think she said December 22nd.  
So here we are, waiting.  I am sure it will all be fine, meanwhile I have gifts to make.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment