Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Karens skirts











My friends are still sewing up a storm, so I will share a great inspiration from Karen. The skirts, tops and headbands were made for her granddaughters. When she sent me the pictures she said I could pick one, little does she know I am going to share more then one. The girls are just to darling in their skirts, so how do you pick just one??




Karen sewed these skirts using strip's from Michael Millers fabric call Children: I will let Karen explain:




It was such cute fabric. And a BIG THANK YOU to Nonie for posting this for me. I'm so sorry that I have to have her do it.This is "Michael Miller's" called "Children". The polk-a-dot on the top was a seperate bolt, but the rest was just cut from the "Children" fabric. It has a third (stripe?) panel across the fabric which was boy's silhouettes, didn't use that. Being pink/brown, don't know how you'd use it for a boy. I tried to find a picture of this fabric to show you gals, it was in Oregon. I fell in love with it, and bought 2 yards. Just enough to make the two skirts. The color is wrong here, it's the regular brown/pink like the polk-a-dotsThe pattern was from an old Ottobre. It's just the center section, top yoke, and skirt. I pieced justthe bottom row from some of the fabric to get the combinations.KarenThe fabric:http://www.michaelmillerfabrics.com/MMF%20...%20&Kwds=pink

What a great idea, thank you Karen for sharing.






No comments:

Post a Comment