Thursday, December 30, 2010

Time to reflect

2010_1027morekids0028

Do you take this time of year to take a look back?   I do.   The bad times as well as the good all come together to make our lives what they are.   I think if only ‘that’ had not happened but yet if it hadn’t  the good that followed also would not have happened.   It took me a full year to realize that being able to take care of my sister in her last day’s was a true gift from God. I now praise God, for giving me that gift.

Another what I think of as bad in my life is the ex-wife of our son that is not letting us see our grandson, a boy we raised for years and I miss him so much.  I am wondering what miracle will come from what is so much hurt.  I know God will answer with something good and I have to learn to turn it over to him.

Another blessing has been stepping into blogging.  The new friends I have made are a true blessing.  I know I have a lot more to learn about this new way to communicate,  a skill I hope to get better at as I really enjoy sharing with you.

I will try to do better and answer some of your questions:   Bunny, I have no idea what makes the elastic work the way it does, I know you can pull out the knit tie from the center of the elastic and I am sure it would stretch around the world at least once.  The waist never seems to get to tight and the kids get a lot more wear from their garments.

Mynorth, sorry for not getting back to you about the dress, yes it is taffeta, Zoe has wanted a dress that rustles and taffeta defiantly does that.

To all my followers, thank you so much. 

3 comments:

  1. I started following your blog because I just bought a machine and want to learn to sew. It's still in the box, but I have reasonable hope it will come out as soon as all the Xmas is put away. In the meantime, I will add you to my prayers in hopes you will see your grandson soon.

    And though I don't wish for followers for followers sale, I'd love it if you were to stop by my blog sometime. Perhaps when I do sew something I'll share it there and we can all have a good giggle!

    Hugs from IL,
    ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great message, Nonie! Something we all need to think about.
    I hope everything works out for your grandson, and that you have an extremely Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful words of wisdom, Nonie! Thanks for the answer. I think I need some faith in that elastic!LOL!

    ReplyDelete