Thursday, March 24, 2011

From this to----this

I recently did a sew along for our smocking group, showing how to turn a pillowcase into a smocked wearable ,depending on the case you chose it could be used for sleepwear or a sundress.   Now, my example is not finished as I have been debating with myself as to what kind of hem it should have.  I took off the ugly lace, and was thinking of adding a different lace but that might be over kill so now I am thinking of just doing a very small rolled hem.

2011_0205stuff0001  

As you can see, this case was not in very good shape. It also had some stains I was sure I could get out with a good soaking in Biz.  I am happy my Zoe agreed to model the after for me.

2011_0320stuff0009

2011_0320stuff0010

I hope I can share pictures of what the other members have done with their projects. I am sure they will all be different and we will all get even more ideas of what we can do on our next project.

3 comments:

  1. Zoe looks like an angel in her smocked pillowcase dress. Very nice, Nonie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it. I've made a lot of pillowcase dresses and use vintage linens in lots of my dresses, but I never thought to smock a pillocase like this! You better believe I will be making one of these!!!Thank you so much for showing us. I can't wait to see the others from your class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely.Your daughter looks so sweet in it. My mother-in-law did smocking when she was younger and I loved seeing my daughter in smocked dresses when she was little. So cute.

    ReplyDelete