Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Conrad Rose Home

This wonderful old home has sat vacant and for sale for years.  Why?  I think it is because no one has a vision for it.  I have a vision, just no funds to pull it off.  With a few investors and my dream, this magnificent mansion could come back to life.

picture-uh=9b368a5efcdfb0b67f433a5dbd396a2-ps=b651f45b27c4b32653f54be78b46ad8-21-S-Chelan-Ave-Wenatchee-WA-98801 

What is my vision?   Well, it’s not more empty office space as has been suggested by some.  I mean how many empty office spaces does one city need?   Also what dull thinking, how come every time an old building is vacant all anyone can think of is ‘office space’?  Especially in a town full to over flowing with empty office space.  That just seems to be a sore spot with me. But then I digress.

Back to my dream which is pure fantasy.  I can see it as a B&B . It’s location in the down town is perfect.  Conrad Rose built this home for his family in 1906,  he  had a great  input into the building of this valley.  An orchardist who tackled the dry condition of this valley to plant and nurture fruit trees and to supply other farmers with the equipment needed to also farm with success.

The home sits across the street for memorial park, so how fitting it be a memorial to the valley.  To Conrad Rose and others.  To me, it’s time to bring it back to life.

I picture afternoon teas and a chance to educate the youth of the valley as to what life was like in the 1900’s.  A place where people can just take the time to go back in time so it will never be forgotten.

I could go on for hours, just ask anyone in my family.  The possibilities are endless.

Any investors out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment