Tuesday, September 3, 2019


Your  sewing machine has
a shank.
Your pressure foot attaches to
that shank.

The shanks are either high or low. I
would guess most of them are low.

so what is it?

See that white piece of plastic?
That is the shank, the piece holding my
pressure foot.
You might also notice I have a snap
on pressure foot,vs a screw on.
 My machine is the Viking sapphire
760 quilt machine. Mine is considered a low shank.

Another thing that can be confusing 
is-this piece is also called an ankle.

When purchasing new feet
the choices are, a choice between
high shank and low shank.

 I hope this helps clear up
any confusion, when you see the term
high shank or low shank.  

No comments:

Post a Comment