Monday, February 14, 2011

What I spotted today

Leaving for my morning walk and dreading it as it is a cloudy, drizzly type of day, not the kind of day you want to walk.  Having committed myself to a team to get in shape I felt I had no choice, I can’t let my team members down. Walking  through the gate what do I spot?  Little green buds on the lilac tree!   I was so excited, guess it doesn’t take a lot to excite me but really, after all the snow, the cold and just plain old winter to see a hint of spring lifted my spirit.  

It put a spring in my step and I  am thinking it won’t be long now before blooms appear and fill the air with the heavy sent of lilac.  My hope is, if you are still deep in snow, just know one of these days you will see the little buds spring forth, right before your very eyes.  I guess walking is not so bad after all.

2011_0214stuff0008

No comments:

Post a Comment