Friday, April 1, 2011

Really Excited

I am really excited to have been given this book but now am wondering does this mean I have to cook?  I have spent a good part of the day reading it and have learned a lot my mother didn't teach me.  Of coarse she didn't know about making fancy sauces am sure if she did she would have shared that with me. 
One of the recipes I was excited to find was one for sauerbraten, for those that don't know this is a German dish.  It is a marinated pot roast with gingersnap gravy, it takes about a week to make but it is so good.
I had a recipe for it given me by a friend and somehow through the years it was lost.  So you know I am anxious to make that dish.
It also has many what I call chef's secrets, so now I know why their dishes turn out and mine don't.
I am looking forward to cooking new things for the family.  
My creations never turn out like the pictures they look good enough to eat.   I am sure I will be adding a recipe here every once in awhile.  
The only problem I can see right now is how often do I want to cook for 10 or more, so guess that means I will have to use a little math on some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment