Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Feliz continued

We should be able to finish off the feliz classes today.  This is lesson 3:

Here are the sashes and straps sewn. We will need to turn them inside out and press them and then top stitch all pieces.


Yes, I cheated and made my straps one piece. If you look at the picture you can see how I taped the strap pieces together matching the markings.

I'm putting 3 ruffles on the back and cut them 3 inches wide and the width of the fabric. I will cut them off later when I see how long I need them.

Each ruffle will be a different length.

You can make your ruffles as wide as you like and also as many rows as you desire. It looks beautiful with 5 rows or more down the back.


I have turned my straps and sashes and pressed and top stitched. Now their ready for when I sew the dress together.

I also stitched the 3 facings together and finished the bottom edge.





This afternoon I've been sewing on the next step of the dress.



I have turned my straps and sashes and pressed and top stitched. Now their ready for when I sew the dress together.

I also stitched the 3 facings together and finished the bottom edge.





Here I have sewn the facing to the back and finished the bottom edge. I also turned and pressed the facing and top stitched it.

Then I drew lines for 3 casings for the 3/8" elastic I will use. I made the casings 5/8" wide. I will now sew the casings.



The next step will be to put the ruffles on the dress back if you are going to use them.

I have already finished the hem of my ruffles with a rolled hem but you can also do a narrow hem if you don't have a serger.


The 3 facings are sewn together and then hemmed but that is as far as we go at this point. Nothing else was done to the facings.



You're correct about the back and the facing. The casings for the elastic are marked in white. I can see it on my screen. I know it is hard to

see the top stitching on the brown fabric.



For the ruffles you will cut as many widths of fabric as you will need. The higher ruffles on the back will not need as much fabric.

You may get by with just 4 strips of fabric. This dress is a lot of guessing on the part of the sewer.

The ruffles can be very full or not, it all depends on how you like them to look.


Now I have sewn the sashes to the front of the dress. If you notice there are markings for the sash on the side pattern piece and I used these markings to place my sashes.




























.

No comments:

Post a Comment