Friday, January 25, 2013

MY Word!

My word for the year is accomplish and I am going to accomplish my goal come hell or high water!!!!
That goal is to make at least a lap size quilt for six of the grands.  
I have a friend Angela, who is helping me, by computer, she has been wonderful about answering my questions.  I know once I get it, in my head what I am doing it should all come together.

I Pulled out a lap quilt that had been given to my sister, to get an idea of size.  If you are looking for perfect, you will not find it in this quilt, if you are looking for love--you found it.  
 
  I practiced joining seams:
Not to bad!!!
Then I went through my drawers looking for 'stuff' and look what I found!
It is a June Tailor quilt square.  I think I bought it for fussing cutting, when I make clothes.  It should be a perfect size to cut my squares.
Now, the hard part.  I need to decide what size to make the quilt-how many squares I will need to make that happen.

Have a wonderful day
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Girl, you will have no problem with that quilt. Your points look perfect!! Great first try. You should have seen my first. hahahaha Love that quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I wish you could have seen Nancy Zieman's lectures about piecing quilts. Oh my! She is a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see all of the pretty quilts when you get then finished....please post as you go!!!

    ReplyDelete