Saturday, August 19, 2017

SERGER_CAN"T SEW WITHOUT IT

                   I am so lost without her

I just can't seem to sew.  I have even caught myself thinking, the serger is in the shop and so I can't sew!!
Well, that is very, very silly of coarse I can sew.  I am not one of those serger owners that can make their machine stand up and dance.  Mainly I finish seams or make sweatshirts or those darling knit jammies.

Then there are the ruffles you make with the gathering foot. I love adding ruffles to the bottom of shorts or the bottom of anything that seems like it would stand up to a ruffle.  So I have used all sorts of scraps to make ruffles to have on hand.
Now, can you make ruffles on your sewing machine??  of coarse you can!   A serger is nice to have, do you need one? probably not.  I hope my serger doesn't need repairs anytime soon.  For now, all is well in my sewing world.
 

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree! I love my serger too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need a serger, but worry about the whole need/want issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops, forgot to say this is from Louise:)

      Delete