Monday, January 10, 2011

A Day With Friends

Always a fun and inspirational time to meet friends for a time of sewing and sharing together.  We meet at the quilt shop and try very hard to stay focused and not be drawn into the beauty of the quilts that surround us.

Our project for now is making smocked pillowcase dresses.

2011_0108randomshots0014 

Yes, I am sure we will be able to do this project. There seems to be some doubt on some faces here.

Can you see on the walls the distractions facing us?

2011_0108randomshots0015  Cassandra also wondering what she got herself into.  

You can see even more distractions, one of these days maybe I will try a quilt.

2011_0108randomshots0016   

Roberta discovers store purchased pillowcases are not sewn on grain.  She has a problem!

2011_0108randomshots0017

After two hours of fun and being totally confused, we decided it was time to head home and re-think the project.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, everyone has those days, I think...so glad ya'll had fun!! :-)

    Much love,
    Future Mama
    http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm sure the socializing was worth the trip! I have my BL class tomorrow, but it's going to be so cold in the morning, I may not make it out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. shirley I do hope you make it out of the house. The best thing about sewing with friends is all of the sudden mistakes do not seem so serious.

    Nonie

    ReplyDelete