Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hand Embroidery revisted

After looking at all the beautiful pillowcases made by my grandmother it made me miss the time spent doing hand embroidery.  I don't want the hours of time my aunt spent in teaching me how to go to waste.  I also want to renew my hand sewing skills so I can teach my granddaughter the love of spending time with needle and thread, maybe she is turn will teach her daughter and the skill will never die.

Once I bought an embroidery machine I just didn't spend time creating by hand the things we love so much.  so when I spotted these pillowcases I knew I had to buy them.  The trim does not thrill me, I will crochet a new trim for them.

This is as far as I have gotten for now.  I will need to practice the dreaded fill stitch, have never been good at keeping my stitches even.   Still a wonderful way to spend a winter day, sewing and enjoying a nice cup of tea.

4 comments:

  1. Agreed! Perfect way to spend an winter day.
    (I laughed out loud at your 'dreaded fill stitch' comment.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hand embroidery just can't be beat! Love doing it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have several hand embroidery projects going and at this time it is my favorite type of hand work. Have fun with your pillowcases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am enjoying it so much I don't know why I haven't kept it up.

    ReplyDelete